Early years SENCOs
SENCOs must ensure the setting:
- meets the requirements of the SEND code of practice
- is aware of the Local Offer (Special needs and disability information)
The SEND Early Years Service can offer support to settings that work with children aged 0 to 5 years with additional needs.
There is free, online SENCO training on the East Sussex Learning Pool.
Training resources and information are also available at NASEN.
The Council for Disabled Children website has advice for SENCOs. This includes the SEND Toolkit.
Inclusion support groups
These are groups to support early years SENCOs and early years education entitlement (EYEE) registered childminders. They meet online three times a year.
- a multi-agency approach to support, advice and guidance
- a chance to discuss common areas of interest
- networking between EYFS practitioners
- professional development support
- a forum to share and develop best practice
There is no charge to attend an inclusion support group.
Find inclusion support groups information and booking on the Learning Portal.
For further information, email: email@example.com
Resources for early years SENCOs
Setting-based support plan [132.4 KB] [docx]
Early years inclusion audit [524.2 KB] [docx]
Inclusion audit parent questionnaire [32.3 KB] [docx]
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.