Guidance and links to useful documents related to the SENCO role.
Additional needs plan
Additional needs plans are for:
- pupils with SEND who are falling behind
- looked-after children
- those who have previous exclusions
Time-limited Inclusion Grant (TIG)
This grant helps schools fund short-term intervention that:
- does not require an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- can be met by the school, working with support services
- exceeds the notional SEN budget (or targeted funding in early years)
This guidance explains when an application is appropriate and how to apply:
Time-limited Inclusion Grant (TIG) guidance [207.0 KB] [docx]
Time-limited Inclusion Grant (TIG) application form [70.5 KB] [docx]
Support for all - guide for staff and families
This guide outlines the provision that should be available to all children and young people. It covers maintained schools, academies, free schools, early years and post-16 providers.
The SENCO role
SENCOs and their line managers
A guide for SENCOs and their managers which was created by experienced SENCOs in primary and secondary. It helps line managers support SENCOs to enable more children with SEND to thrive in school.
SEND policy and information updates
Best practice for SEND information [1.0 MB] [docx]
Advice and best practice examples to support SENCOs and Inclusion Leads updating their:
- SEND policy
- SEN information report
- Local Offer
- Accessibility information
2023 Inclusion Conference Resources
- Inclusion conference agenda [44.3 KB] [docx]
- A sense of belonging for children in care [787.8 KB] [pptx]
- Creating a sense of belonging for successful transition into secondary school [742.7 KB] [pptx]
- EBSA presentation [1.2 MB] [pptx]
- Keynote - youth participation [14.1 MB] [pptx]
- Inclusion conference - mentimeter [303.5 KB] [docx]
- School adjustments to support EBSA [31.0 KB] [docx]
- Supporting LGBT+ children and young people [10.5 MB] [pptx]
- Thinking about a school dog - CLASS [44.6 MB] [pptx]
- Positive relational change – Video interaction guidance [18.0 MB] [pptx]
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.