Autism resources for SENCOs
Autism diagnostic pathway
The pathway is not a universal screening tool. Schools should only refer children who meet the threshold for assessment.
Documents have been co-produced with parents and carers to support them to understand the different stages of the pathway.
Before starting the assessment process, SENCOs should:
- hold a face-to-face meeting with the parents and carers to discuss the pathway documents
- explain that the child will move onto the pathway if they meet the threshold for assessment
First stage of the pathway:
Only use pathway documents as part of a face-to-face conversation. Do not post or hand them over without explanation.
To request your copy, email email@example.com
Autism information for parents and carers
You can share this information after diagnosis:
- Post-diagnostic support for children with autism [52.9 KB] [docx]
- NDP Family Training and Navigation Service | Amaze
- Managing a meltdown - A parent's guide
Pathological Demand Avoidance
Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) statement [108.1 KB] [docx]
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.