Therapeutic Thinking is an approach to behaviour which:
- supports staff to create clear behaviour policies
- focuses on to how to support all pupils’ emotional wellbeing and mental health
- helps to understand children’s behaviour and respond in an inclusive way that promotes change
The approach is school-led. It is based on training and information built on best practice, policy and plans.
The aim is for schools, and the services that support them, to base their inclusive practice on Therapeutic Thinking principles.
Therapeutic Thinking training
The 3-day online course runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Attendees must attend all three full days.
After the course ‘tutors’ attend a refresher training session annually.
Training dates for primary schools
- 19 January, 26 January and 02 February 2024
- 14 June, 21 June and 28 June 2024
For any secondary schools who would like to access this please contact your link adviser.
Network meetings for all trained tutors
- 08 December 2023
- 21 March 2024
- 13 June 2024
How to book
To book a place on a course, a network meeting or an annual refresher session
Phone: 01273 336 880
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.