Behaviour and inclusion
Many issues can affect attendance, including:
- special educational needs
The Inclusion Team advise and support schools and senior leadership teams on how to tackle them.
Support for all schools
Each school has an Inclusion Team Link Advisor. This includes secondary, free schools, primary and secondary academies.
Your Link Advisor will arrange a core meeting with you to:
- discuss the school’s inclusion needs affecting areas like attendance
- help to identify and address needs early on
- signpost to training, best practice and resources
As a result of that meeting, they may suggest purchasing bespoke support on the Services 2 Schools webshop.
What the Inclusion Team offer
The Inclusion Team are part of the Team Around the School and Setting (TASS).
Our role is to:
- Work in partnership with other teams from Children's Services.
- Work with the senior leadership team and teachers to develop practice.
- Analyse data to identify training needs and development as part of the school improvement plan.
- Support whole school understanding of inclusion and the links to attendance and exclusion.
- Provide in-person or virtual training which is aligned with school priorities and emerging need.
- Provide advice and coaching for staff.
We work in area-based teams to provide in-school support and advice in:
- Lewes, Coastal and Wealden
- Hastings and Rother
- Eastbourne and Hailsham
Contact the Inclusion Team
Phone: 01273 481 967 (open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm)
- Behaviour in schools | GOV.UK - how to develop a behaviour policy.
- Mental health and behaviour in schools | GOV.UK - how to support pupils whose mental health problems manifest themselves in behaviour.
- Supporting mental health in schools and colleges | GOV.UK - examples of activities to support pupils' mental health and wellbeing.
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.