Assessment and moderation
Teacher assessment frameworks
East Sussex guidance grids:
Key stage 1
- End of key stage 1 teacher assessment – Maths [29.8 KB] [docx]
- End of key stage 1 teacher assessment – Reading [29.2 KB] [docx]
- End of key stage 1 teacher assessment – Writing [29.0 KB] [docx]
Key stage 2
- End of key stage 2 teacher assessment - Maths [29.2 KB] [docx]
- End of key stage 2 teacher assessment - Reading [28.8 KB] [docx]
- End of key stage 2 teacher assessment - Writing (WTS, EXS, GDS) [27.7 KB] [docx]
- End of key stage 2 teacher assessment - Writing (PKS) [28.5 KB] [docx]
- Key stage 2 Moderation Handbook 2023-2024 [140.8 KB] [docx]
From 2023/24, end of KS1 assessments will no longer be statutory. Progress at the end of KS2 will be measured using the reception baseline which became statutory in 2020/21.
The KS1 teacher assessment frameworks (TAFs) will still be available on Standards and Testing Agency (STA). STA will also continue to produce end of KS1 tests for reading, mathematics and grammar, punctuation and spelling, but these will be optional.
Five principles of effective assessment [310.4 KB] [docx] guidance from the South-East Inter-Local Authority Group
- Teacher assessment frameworks at the end of key stage 1 | GOV.UK
- Teacher assessment frameworks at the end of key stage 2 | GOV.UK
- Pre-key stage 1: pupils working below the national curriculum assessment standard | GOV.UK
- Pre-key stage 2: pupils working below the national curriculum assessment standard | GOV.UK
The DfE has not yet published any exemplification for PKS writing or mathematics. When this is published, we will add it here.
National curriculum assessments
Practice materials for the phonics screening check, key stage 1 and key stage 2 national curriculum tests, including past test papers:
EYFS profile assessment
Courses and support
We provide many assessment courses online via Microsoft Teams.
For more information, visit Assessment courses | Learning Portal
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.