The Special Educational Needs Matrix is a framework to provide a shared understanding on how to identify and meet special educational needs (SEN).
How it is used
Designed for schools, professionals, parents and carers, the SEN Matrix:
- Provides guidance on provision and resources to meet the needs of pupils with SEND.
- Supports development of knowledge and understanding about special educational needs.
- Develops good inclusive practice.
- Enables the Council and its moderation partners to make consistent funding decisions.
East Sussex SEN Matrix [1.2 MB] [pdf] has a user guide on pages 3 to 5. This is a print-only resource.
Help to use the Matrix
- Assess, plan, do, review | East Sussex Local Offer explains the assessment cycle in more detail.
- Templates and help to develop an additional needs plan.
- This guidance advises on schools' use of the SEN notional budget: Guidance on SEN costings [184.5 KB] [pdf]
Was this page helpful?
Click or tap the rating which best represents your experience.