Report an emergency school closure
An emergency school closure is when you must close your school due to an unplanned incident. This might be due to severe weather or a burst water main. You can report this via the emergency school closures system (you will need a password).
- You need a Czone account in order to report an emergency school closure. If you do not have an account, please visit the Get a Czone account page.
- If you have an account but need your password to be reset, please contact Schools ICT
- Make sure that only one member of staff reports a closure on the system. This is so parents only receive one message.
You do not need to be at school to report a closure. You can access the emergency school closure system via Czone. You can use any internet connection.
The system will:
- confirm on-screen that it has processed your school closure
- list the closure on the County Council website
- email local radio stations. These include BBC Radio Sussex, More Radio, Seahaven Radio, Heart FM, Uckfield FM.
- email our relevant teams
- email subscribers to the system.
Guidance and contacts
Please note the following phone numbers which may be of use:
- Health and Safety Team: 01273 481938
- Schools Maintenance Help Desk: 01273 482000
- Passenger Transport Services: 01273 335067