Report an emergency school closure
If you need to close your school due to an unplanned incident, such as bad weather or burst water mains, you can report this via the emergency school closures system (you will need a password).
Please make sure that only one member of staff reports a closure on the system, so that parents only receive one message.Report an emergency school closure
You do not need to be at school to report a closure, the emergency school closure system can be accessed via Czone using any internet connection.
To report a closure you will need to:
- follow the link on the orange button and sign in to the system
- enter your closure details
- press 'Save'.
Notes box: complete this box if the reason for the closure is not on the list of reason types. The information you enter will be displayed on the East Sussex County Council website and in email alerts.
The system will:
- confirm on-screen that your school closure has been processed
- list the closure on the County Council website
- email local radio stations (BBC Radio Sussex, Arrow FM, Bright 1064, Sovereign Radio, Seahaven Radio, Heart FM, Uckfield FM)
- email our relevant teams
- email subscribers to the system.
Guidance and contacts
For instructions on how to use the system, including emergency contact numbers, please read our complete guidance.
If you are closing your school in an emergency please note the following phone numbers which may be of use to you:
- Health and Safety Team: 01273 481938
- Schools Maintenance Help Desk: 01273 482000
- Passenger Transport Services: 01273 335067