Report an emergency school closure
New resource! The LGBTQ+ Support page links to help and advice for young people, parents and schools.
An emergency school closure is when you must close your school due to an unplanned incident. This might be due to severe weather or a burst water main. You can report this via the emergency school closures system (you will need a password).
Please make sure that only one member of staff reports a closure on the system. This is so parents only receive one message.Report an emergency school closure
You do not need to be at school to report a closure. You can access the emergency school closure system via Czone. You can use any internet connection.
The system will:
- confirm on-screen that it has processed your school closure
- list the closure on the County Council website
- email local radio stations. These include BBC Radio Sussex, More Radio, Seahaven Radio, Heart FM, Uckfield FM.
- email our relevant teams
- email subscribers to the system.
Guidance and contacts
Please note the following phone numbers which may be of use:
- Health and Safety Team: 01273 481938
- Schools Maintenance Help Desk: 01273 482000
- Passenger Transport Services: 01273 335067