Report an emergency school closure
Schools, colleges and education settings can find information and resources, including links to DfE guidance to support provision during the Covid-19 pandemic.
If you need to close your school due to an unplanned incident, such as bad weather or burst water mains, you can report this via the emergency school closures system (you will need a password).
Please make sure that only one member of staff reports a closure on the system, so that parents only receive one message.Report an emergency school closure
You do not need to be at school to report a closure, the emergency school closure system can be accessed via Czone using any internet connection.
The system will:
- confirm on-screen that your school closure has been processed
- list the closure on the County Council website
- email local radio stations (BBC Radio Sussex, More Radio, Seahaven Radio, Heart FM, Uckfield FM)
- email our relevant teams
- email subscribers to the system.
Guidance and contacts
Please note the following phone numbers which may be of use:
- Health and Safety Team: 01273 481938
- Schools Maintenance Help Desk: 01273 482000
- Passenger Transport Services: 01273 335067