Looked after children and children in care

9. Changing schools

A change of school, except at usual age of transfer, should be avoided if possible. When changing schools is necessary, authorisation must be granted by the Virtual School Head (VSH) beforehand. Discussions about changing school should also involve the child's current school, social worker and carers.
To request authorisation, send a completed change of school form to CSVirtualSchool@eastsussex.gov.uk. Title the email “School Change”.
The authorised form will be returned to the child's social worker. Attach this to the preference form when submitting to the appropriate local authority.

 Print entire guide