School Information Management System (SIMS)
SIMS – Preparing for the school year (created May 2020)
Schools ICT has created some useful guidance about preparing for the school year using SIMS:
- An overview of the processes and training available
- Preparing for the school year “live” flyer
- Remote working booking form
- Advice on how to add pre-admission group and import Admission Transfer File
If you require additional training, we are still offering training, remotely, for all aspects of SIMS and SAM. If you require training or consultancy, please contact 01273 747068 or email email@example.com.
Schools ICT MIS Remote Training May – July 2020
All our current MIS training and consultancies will be delivered online using Microsoft Teams. In order to attend any of these training sessions it is essential that you have Teams installed; your trainer will contact you prior to the training to test connections.
SIMS Remote Training Courses: 10am – 1pm
Wednesday 3rd June: SIMS Mail Merge - Labels, Letters & Certificates
Wednesday 10th June: SIMS Office User 'Further Skills'
Thursday 18th June: SIMS SEN User
Wednesday 1st July: SIMS Management of Behaviour & Achievement
Wednesday 8th July: SIMS Mail Merge - Labels, Letters & Certificates
Tuesday 14th July: SIMS Office User 'Further Skills'
Online 1:1 MIS Consultancies using Microsoft Teams
We will also be providing online 1:1 consultancies which can include working on your live data – e.g. setting up the New Year processes, data management housekeeping, bespoke assessment setups. If you don’t see what you’re looking for here or you just need help with plugging a short term staffing gap to manage SIMS processes or to prepare, enter, organise or analyse data, please get in touch.
We will also be offering useful online bite-size webinars e.g. how to set up a pre-admission group, managing users in System Manager, how to record exceptional circumstances. We will keep you updated with further information.
To book onto these courses please complete the Remote working booking form.
Schools ICT Remote G-Suite Training May - July 2020
For those schools who are using G-Suite we will be hosting several sessions on getting the most from Google Classroom, including hints and tips to manage your assignments and the setting of work.
These 45 minute sessions are free and will be held using either Microsoft Teams or Google Meet. There will be practical demonstrations and some time to ask questions at the end.
Thursday 14th May 2pm-3pm Google Classroom Hints & Tips
Tuesday 19th May 10am-11am Google Classroom Hints & Tips
Wednesday 20th May 2pm-3pm Google Classroom Hints & Tips
Please do also contact us if you have any specific training needs around G-Suite and Google Classroom and the wider Computing Curriculum.
SIMS Reporting, Assessment & Guidance
- 3BM Attendance Report
- Absence Information for County Report
- Address Tidy and Merge Process
- Bulk Pupil Deletion Tool - updated June 2019
- Emergency Evacuation Advice
- Free School Meal Report
- Free School Meal Pupil List with Contact Main’ April 2020
- Hate and Behaviour Reporting
- Importing Pupil Premium Information from Key to Success into SIMS
- Model Pay Policy in SIMS
- National Insurance - how to update National Insurance Tables in SIMS updated April 2020
- National Insurance Rates 2020-2021 - updated April 2020
- Parent App Lite
- Preparing SIMS Data for Parent App Lite
- Preparing SIMS Data for Parent App Lite - on site
- SIMS Parent App Checklist
- Personnel; updating pay scale values - October 2019
- Recording and Reporting on Estranged Parents in SIMS
- Recording Exceptional Circumstances
- Salary Scales - how to update
- SEN Matrix of Needs
- Superannuation - how to up date figures - updated May 2020
- Term Time Only - Changes in SIMS - new February 2020