Sending secure emails
3. Other secure ways of sending confidential information
When sending confidential information to other organisations electronically, your school should use a secure transfer mechanism or encryption.
- To transfer confidential data files to or from ESCC, especially for large files or bulk transfer of data, use AVCO AnyComms.
- To transfer data files to other schools, use GOV.uk's Secure Access Portal.
- If no other secure electronic system is available, use encryption software to encrypt confidential information before sending it to other organisations.
- Avoid using fax to send confidential information. Fax should be used as a last resort if there is no other, more secure, option available and the need is urgent