The East Sussex Learning Collaborative Network
The East Sussex Learning Collaborative Network (ESLCN) builds on the work of the East Sussex Teaching School Network (ESTSN) co-ordinating and managing the accreditation and deployment of SLEs and the CPD offer for all stages of professional practice.
The ESLCN aims to provide a blended offer of provision for all East Sussex schools that maximises the resources and expertise of local, regional and national providers to improve co-ordination and avoid duplication of provision in the region. It connects schools to the latest evidence and good practice inside and beyond East Sussex and supports networks and other opportunities for schools and providers to learn from each other.
At its core the partnership includes:
- Secondary schools that were formerly teaching schools
- The local authority
- STEP Ahead Teaching School Hub which is the DfE designated Teaching School Hub for East Sussex, Brighton & Hove.
Wider partners include
- The Sussex Maths Hub based at St Paul’s Catholic College in Burgess Hill
- Durrington Research School based near Worthing which is supported by the Education Endowment Foundation
- The Sussex Coast Schools Alliance, previously a partnership of teaching school alliances in Brighton and Hove
- Brighton & Hove local authority
- GLF the West Sussex Teaching School Hub
- The Chartered College of Teaching
- University College London, the University of Brighton and the University of Sussex.
The ESLCN works with a number of school-centred Initial Teacher Training providers and can provide information on how to get into teaching.
The network website sets out the blended offer and provides a portal for all East Sussex primary schools to access development and support.Link to the East Sussex Learning Collaborative Network website