DfE Guidance on temporary changes: attendance recording for educational settings whilst closed due to the coronavirus
We have put together key information and resources for schools to help maintain provision during the COVID-19 situation.
ISEND services have collected various resources to help support families during the pandemic. Here you will find interactive and educational activities for children and young people for use both in educational settings and at home.
ISEND has developed a Flyer to summarise key local support for families.
- See SEND section of online education resources from GOV.UK
- Websites free to use during coronavirus
- Live lessons at BBC Bitesize
- Creative ideas to break up the day
- A simple home learning timetable
- Blank timetable with symbols from Disability Challengers
- Coronavirus and the new normal is a lovely 6 minute film created to help parents and teachers explain many issues around the lockdown and coronavirus
Some useful info from Special Needs Jungle to support children with SEN
- Amaze have created a set of FAQ for parents and carers of children with SEND
- Easy Read information about social distancing
- An interactive book, available in different languages about understanding the virus.
Social distancing guide with pictures (from Talking mats)
- Social distancing guide with pictures
- The Oyster and the Butterfly - a story for younger children
- Easy to Read Guide on Coronavirus Wellbeing
- Easy to Read Guide on understanding Coronavirus
- Staying at home tips and activities for parent carers on our Local Offer pages