Reporting to the LA and DfE on your provision
DfE Guidance on temporary changes: attendance recording for educational settings whilst closed due to the coronavirus
We have put together key information and resources for schools to help maintain provision during the COVID-19 situation.
Reporting to the LA
Schools should report confirmed cases of Covid19 of staff and pupils who are on site using email@example.com .
Please provide details of:
- Confirmed cases for staff and pupils on-site
- The number of staff and pupils isolating
- The date(s) isolation periods end
The Emergency School System should be used to report a full school closure, including for example in the case of no heating/burst water main etc.
Reporting to the DfE
From 11 January schools and colleges are asked to complete and submit this to the Department for Education by 2pm daily.
The DfE are asking schools to provide the following:
- the number of pupils or students and workforce on site
- the number of pupils or students with a social worker or an education, health and care plan; children of critical workers; and eligible for free school meals
- the provision for free school meals for pupils or students on site and those learning remotely
- pupil or student absences due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- workforce absences
Further guidance on completing the educational setting status form, and the full list of questions for schools and colleges, can be found here.
The information you provide through the form is essential to supporting the Government’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will help the government build a national picture of educational provision so that they can focus support more effectively, monitor the impact of the virus, and ensure children are safe.