Education and Staff Resources
Schools, colleges and education settings can find information and resources, including links to DfE guidance to support provision during the Covid-19 pandemic.
These resources may be helpful for talking to children and young people about Covid-19
- While we can't Hug is an adorable book about how to say 'hello' whilst social distancing (also available on Amazon)
- NHS Guidance on how to talk to children about Covid-19
- Easy read information about social distancing
- Amaze have created a set of FAQ for parents and carers of children with SEND
- Children's guide
- Early Years FAQs
- Digital Book for Primary School aged children
- Coronavirus - a book for children
Other useful links
The East Sussex Outbreak Control Plan for COVID-19 includes information about how the Local Authority will support schools to open fully, how we will identify cases and reduce the risk of transmission.
- The Elective Home Education (EHE) team have produced a useful guidance document for schools to use when discussing the possibility of EHE with parents/carers.
- The ES School Health Service provides support and advice for a variety of physical, sexual and emotional health and wellbeing issues.
- A guide to working from home
- Healthy eating links
- DfE list of resources includes with links to mental wellbeing resources, inc an educational package developed by BBC/DfE.
- PHE list of resources:
- MindEd - free educational resource on children and young people's mental health
- ISEND and ESPCF Coronavirus Support Flyer