Schools, colleges and education settings can find information and resources, including links to DfE guidance to support provision during the Covid-19 pandemic.
East Sussex County Council are reviewing Czone and the Virtual School Bag (VSB). To have your say, please complete the online survey. Closing date is 17 December.
1. The Matrix
The East Sussex SEN Matrix is a framework drawn up by the Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (ISEND) Service in collaboration with staff working in educational settings across the county, Children’s Integrated Therapy Services (CITS) and parents and carers.
It is designed to:
- Provide a shared understanding for schools, the Local Authority, parents/carers, and services such as Health and Social Care, about how to identify the Special Educational Needs of children and young people
- Provide guidance on provision and resources recommended to meet these needs and to facilitate educational progression
- Support development of knowledge and understanding about SEN
- Contribute to the development of good SEN and inclusive practice (‘build capacity’)
- Provide a framework from which the Local Authority and its moderation partners will make consistent decisions about funding levels for children to facilitate their educational progression.
A hard copy of the Matrix is also available to download. A Matrix user guide is available on pages 3-5.