Quality Mark for Inclusion
Schools, colleges and education settings can find information and resources, including links to DfE guidance to support provision during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following feedback from schools regarding the completion of the ESQMI in 2019 the process has been updated and moved to an on- line version. The new ESQMI format enables SENCos, SLT and governors to see, immediately, areas of strength and areas for development. The approach will:
- support schools to identify priorities for their school development plan through immediate analysis of strengths and areas for development
- provide SENCos with information to support their role
- provide schools with an efficient tool for evidencing impact and best practice
- enable the ESQMI to be completed in a quick and easy manner, which does not need to be completed in one go as any information entered is automatically saved.
- enable the LA to quality assure the ESQMI process so that parent/carers can feel confident that where a school has the ESQMI it represents inclusive practice and a commitment by the school to improve outcomes for pupils with SEND
- enable the LA to collate and aggregate data to identify schools with best practice and provide a foundation for providing support from the LA as well as school to school collaboration.
The East Sussex Quality Mark for Inclusion consists of a set of expected criteria arranged under each of 6 overarching headings that all our East Sussex schools will demonstrate as part of their inclusive practice (see ESQMI Contents below).
In order for schools to continue to be awarded the ESQMI they are required to complete the on-line version of the ESQMI by 30th September 2021 to reflect the school’s practice over the last academic year.
- updated information and guidance on the East Sussex Quality Mark for Inclusion: a booklet that takes you through some of the key information points for the Quality Mark approach.
- Instructions on completing the ESQMI
- the contents of the ESQMI
The school’s SENCo will be sent instructions on registering for the on-line version of the ESQMI tool on Friday 11th June 2021. If schools do not receive these please contact Helen Cottell, Senior Manager: SEN Practice and Standards on the email below.
For further information please email: email@example.com