SEND matrix and guidance
UNDER REVIEW: There is currently a full scale, consultative review being carried out, led and populated by schools and parent carer representatives. Recommendations emerging from this review have identified a need to revisit the matrix sections and provide clearer, concise guidance around the graduated approach and statutory assessment. This content is expected by the end of Term 3 2017/18. SENCo Training will include updates on the matrix guidance and documentation.
The guidance to accompany the SEND Matrix sections sets out:
- Guidance on the graduated approach for SEN
- An explanation of what settings, schools and colleges/post 16 providers are expected to deliver at SEN Support
- An explanation of what settings, schools and colleges/post 16 providers are expected to deliver for children and young people with high needs through their core funding (elements 1 and 2), including those with Education, Health and Care Plans
- The universal banded funding approach the authority has agreed, and an explanation of additional top up funding (element 3) provided by the authority
- An explanation of how the SEND Matrix of Need and Provision should be used to guide support for pupils with SEND in settings/schools and colleges
- Guidance on the statutory assessment process and procedures.