Communication, Learning and Autism Support Service (CLASS)
Access key information and resources to support East Sussex schools during the pandemic, including SEND-specific information and links to the latest DfE guidance.
Further information on all ISEND services can be found on the East Sussex Local Offer website.
1. What is CLASS?
ISEND CLASS offers support, advice and training to mainstream schools and academies. We work with other services to support children and young people to access full-time education.
Our staff hold specialist qualifications in SLCN (including autism) and specific learning difficulties.
CLASS can provide:
- An experienced team of Advisers and Practitioners
- High quality training and support to all education settings (5-19)
- A link Adviser for every primary and secondary school in East Sussex
- A service to parent/carers through CLASS+
- A service to children and young people through SPECTRUM
For 2022-2023, CLASS are an approved Autism Education Trust (AET) training hub. We will be offering a range of autism-specific training packages across the school year. Full details can be found in the training brochure or on the AET website.