ISEND Assessment and Planning


Schools, colleges and education settings can find information and resources, including links to DfE guidance to support provision during the Covid-19 pandemic.

East Sussex County Council are reviewing Czone and the Virtual School Bag (VSB). To have your say, please complete the online survey. Closing date is 17 December.

Access  key information and resources to support East Sussex schools during the pandemic,  including  SEND-specific information and links to the latest DfE guidance.

3. How to request an EHC needs assessment

If a parent/carer, school or other professional believes a child is not making progress despite high quality SEN support they can ask for an Education, Health and Care needs assessment.  A young person who is aged 16 years or over can make their own request.

We’ll do an assessment if

We are of the opinion that –

  • a child/young person has special educational needs and
  • it may be necessary for the local authority to make provision for your child within an Education Health and Care Plan.

To inform our decision we will need to take into account a wide range of evidence (SEND CoP 9.14)

To get more information or to request an EHC needs assessment, e-mail or call 01273 336740

For more information on the statutory assessment process visit the SEND Local Offer

 Print entire guide