ISEND Front Door referrals
The Inclusion Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (ISEND) Front Door is the pathway through which schools and education providers can request support for children and young people with additional and/or special educational needs and disabilities.
This should be seen as the single point of contact for schools to
- access any non-traded or core work for children who are not already open cases to the service
- request statutory assessment.
Front Door referral forms
There are three versions of the Front Door referral form covering the different stages of education.
Sensory Needs Personal Data Consent Form - this form needs to be completed for children with sensory needs.
This factsheet should be shared with the family.
How to submit
You can save the form to your computer (using the 'save as' feature) and complete it as needed over time. You can then email the completed form to the ISEND Front Door email (ISENDfrontdoor@eastsussex.gov.uk) along with any additional information and/or documents using secure email.
After submission to the ISEND Front Door inbox you will receive confirmation of receipt. This method of completion and submission is secure. Please note the Front Door is a term-time only service.
A 3 stage process will then be followed:
- Request for support will be screened for errors/omissions/Information gathering – if more information is required to make a decision, it will be undertaken by an ISEND Identified Professional.
- Allocation – requests will be passed onto the relevant service or discussed at the multi-disciplinary panel.
- You will be contacted within 48 hours regarding the progress of your request for support.