ISEND Front Door referrals
Please visit this page EVERY time you want to make a referral to ensure you are using the latest referral form.
New mandatory evidence
From 5 November 2018 all ISEND Front Door referrals must include the following mandatory evidence, regardless of the school's concerns or desired outcome of the referral:
- Additional Needs Plan (Assess, Plan, Do, Review page as a minimum) and/or Individual Health Care Plan
- Up to date attendance registration certificate
- Pupil voice (or an explanation as to why it was not possible to obtain pupil voice)
The Inclusion Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (ISEND) Front Door is the pathway through which schools and education providers can request support for children and young people with additional and/or special educational needs and disabilities.
This should be seen as the single point of contact for schools to
- access any non-traded or core work for children who are not already open cases to the service
- request statutory assessment.
Front Door referral forms
There are three versions of the Front Door referral form covering the different stages of education.
This factsheet should be shared with the family.
How to submit
You can save the form to your computer (using the 'save as' feature) and complete it as needed over time. You can then email the completed form to the ISEND Front Door email (ISENDfrontdoor@eastsussex.gov.uk) along with any additional information and/or documents using secure email.
After submission to the ISEND Front Door inbox you will receive confirmation of receipt. This method of completion and submission is secure. Please note the Front Door is a term-time only service.
A 3 stage process will then be followed:
- Request for support will be screened for errors/omissions/Information gathering – if more information is required to make a decision, it will be undertaken by an ISEND Identified Professional.
- Allocation – requests will be passed onto the relevant service or discussed at the multi-disciplinary panel.
- You will be contacted within 48 hours regarding the progress of your request for support.
Speech, Language and/or Communication Needs:
- For school staff who are concerned about the speech, language and/or communication needs of a school-aged child, the referral pathway to the Children's Integrated Therapy and Equipment Services (CITES) is now via the ISEND Front Door. This is to ensure that the child's needs are considered in a holistic way and are supported by services through a joint working approach. This is an enhanced pathway, all other routes into CITES remain the same.
- For any further information or queries, plese email CLASS@eastsussex.gov.uk or make contact with your CLASS Link Advisor. alternatively contact the CITES Speech and Language Therapy Department at email@example.com
Your personal data
Our privacy notice sets out how ISEND protects and makes use of any information that you give us when you come into contact with our services. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information you provide us will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement or our legal obligations. If you require a paper version of the policy please email ISENDprojects@eastsussex.gov.uk.