ISEND Front Door referrals
The Inclusion Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (ISEND) Front Door is a way schools and education providers can request support for children and young people with additional and/or special educational needs and disabilities.
This is the single point of contact for schools to:
- access any non-traded or core work for children who are not already open cases to the service
- request statutory assessment.
Front Door referral forms
There are three versions of the Front Door referral form covering the different stages of education.
If you are requesting a statutory assessment, please use the Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment Request Form
This factsheet should be shared with the family.
How to submit
You can save the form to your computer (using the 'save as' feature) and complete it as needed over time. You can then email the completed form to the ISEND Front Door email (ISENDfrontdoor@eastsussex.gov.uk) along with any additional information and/or documents using secure email.
After submission to the ISEND Front Door inbox you will receive confirmation of receipt. This method of completion and submission is secure. Please note the Front Door is a term-time only service.
A 3 stage process will then be followed:
- Request for support will be screened for errors/omissions/Information gathering – if more information is required to make a decision, it will be undertaken by an ISEND Identified Professional.
- Allocation – requests will be passed onto the relevant service or discussed at the multi-disciplinary panel.
- You will be contacted within 48 hours regarding the progress of your request for support.
Speech, Language and/or Communication Needs:
- For school staff who are concerned about a school-aged child’s speech production, dysfluency and selective mutism, a referral can be made directly to CITES using Therapy One Point
- Where concerns are about the language and/or communication needs of a school-aged child, the referral pathway to the Children's Integrated Therapy and Equipment Services (CITES) is via the ISEND Front Door. This is to ensure that the child's needs are considered in a holistic way and are supported by services through a joint working approach. This is an enhanced pathway, all other routes into CITES remain the same.
- For any further information or queries, please email CLASS@eastsussex.gov.uk or make contact with your CLASS Link Advisor. Alternatively contact the CITES Speech and Language Therapy Department at email@example.com
- Your personal data
Our privacy notice sets out how ISEND protects and makes use of any information that you give us when you come into contact with our services. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information you provide us will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement or our legal obligations. If you require a paper version of the policy please email ISENDprojects@eastsussex.gov.uk.