Education Health and Care Plans
Access key information and resources to support East Sussex schools during the pandemic, including SEND-specific information and links to the latest DfE guidance.
An Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, sometimes called a statutory plan, is a legal document. It sets out:
- the child/young person's needs
- the outcomes for that child/young person
- the provision needed to meet their needs/outcomes
- the most appropriate educational placement
EHC plans cover the age range 0-25.
The EHC plans page of the East Sussex Local Offer gives information for families about:
- requesting an EHC Needs Assessment
- annual reviews of EHC plans
- phase transfer reviews of EHC plans
- appeals and mediation for children/young people with EHC plans
- finding a school for children/young people with EHC plans
- elective home education for children/young people with EHC plans
- funding and personal budgets for children/young people with EHC plans
- moving into and out of East Sussex with children/young people with EHC plans
The majority of children and young people do not need an EHC plan to be supported in their educational setting.