School Health Service
We're a skill mix team of experienced staff, led by qualified school nurses providing health advice and promotion to school-aged children, young people and families.
What we offer
Working closely with health visitors, community paediatricians, and education providers in a range of locations, we provide:
- School and college-based support for individual pupils and support to families needing more help where there is a health concern.
- Support to school staff developing care plans, to help children with medical conditions access education.
- Drop-in services in all secondary schools, where young people can speak in confidence to a qualified nurse.
- Health promotion events in schools.
- Advice on a range of public help issues including bedwetting, behaviour, emotional health, puberty and growing up, healthy eating & lifestyle, sexual health, and stopping smoking.
Make a referral
Referrals are welcome from any professional. Children must be between the ages of four and 18. Call us and we'll send you a referral form:
0300 123 4062
Or you can make a referral online
Young people can contact the School Health Service through a confidential and secure texting service called Chathealth, which is monitored by trained nurses. 11-19 year olds can text the service on: 07507 332 473.