MHEW Training, networking and events
MHEW Newsletter - Read about the latest Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing developments on our news and events page.
The MHEW in Education service brochure is now available
1. Mental Health Leads' - Training
Mental Health Leads Programme
Over 200 staff are working as MH Leads in East Sussex schools and colleges, championing improvements in understanding and practice around MHEW, and embedding an organisation-wide approach. To support our MH Leads, we offer regular training on the 8 key themes of a whole school approach, with a choice of 2 dates per session as follows:
All sessions can be booked using the booking codes (in brackets) to find the courses on the East Sussex Learning Portal.
DfE funding for WSA
The Department for Education (DfE) is offering a senior member of school or college staff the opportunity to get a grant for training to develop the knowledge and skills to implement an effective whole school or college approach to mental health and wellbeing in their setting.
The grant is a contribution to the cost of training and the hiring of supply staff whilst leads are engaged in learning.
The training courses listed below for MH Leads have been assured for DfE grant-funded senior mental health lead training.
For more information on the DfE grant for senior MH Leads’ training, please click here.
**More dates for training covering all themes within the Whole School Approach programme will be published shortly**
2021 Recorded sessions
- Recorded Webinar Session 1 - 04 February 2021
- Recorded Webinar Session Part 1 / Part 2 - 04 March 2021
- Assessing Need and Monitoring impact; Targeted support - 22 April 2021
- Student Voice; working with parents Part 1 / Part 2 - 06 May 2021
- Curriculum, teaching and development Recorded Webinar - 17 June 2021
- 2021 Mental Health Awareness days (session 1)