Healthy Schools programme
4. My Health, My School survey
The My Health, My School survey gathers children and young people’s views, behaviours and choices about their health and wellbeing.
The survey is available for year groups 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12 and 13, as well as provision for SEND pupils. It is easy to use and provides schools/colleges with instant access to their data.
It is free for all schools in East Sussex.
The summary of survey responses can:
- assist with development or update of your whole-school health improvement action plan (part of the School Health Check)
- help you plan and deliver more effective PSHE education tailored to your school community
- inform planning of targeted support services and pastoral care practice
- provide evidence that will support Ofsted inspections on whole-school improvement work.
Schools and colleges taking up the survey will also get a wealth of support materials. School staff are guided on the safe, anonymous completion of the survey. Pupils are given slide sets and other materials to help them understand what they are being asked and why. This includes a pupil diary, provided a week before the survey. Pre- and post-lesson plans are also available.
The East Sussex School Health Service can support your school to use the survey and plan activities from the responses.
We encourage uptake of the My Health, My School survey as part of your whole- school approach. We see it as a crucial component of the East Sussex Healthy Schools Programme.
To register for the My Health, My School survey please contact The East Sussex School Health Service mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note it can take up to 7 days to get your survey activated.