Healthy Schools programme
2. School Health Check
The School Health Check is an online tool for schools to self-evaluate across four core themes:
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Emotional health and wellbeing, and
Each theme is linked to 10 strands identified in the whole-school approach. Your school can use the tool to highlight areas of strength and areas in need of development (aligned to Ofsted descriptors). From this, you can identify clear next steps which are automatically put into an online action plan.
Health Improvement Specialists from the School Health Service can support you in the process by offering:
- guidance, and
- signposting to high quality resources.
The School Health Check is funded for all East Sussex schools until March 2023.
To register for the School Health Check:
- Go to Healthy Schools and click ‘Register’.
- In the ‘Local Authority’ drop-down list select ‘East Sussex’ and then select your school’s name
- Complete any blank sections with your school’s details and click ‘Create an account’. In billing information, please enter ‘East Sussex County Council’ in every box
- You will then receive email confirmation of your registration and will be provided with access to your account.