Information for Early Years SENCOs
DfE Guidance on temporary changes: attendance recording for educational settings whilst closed due to the coronavirus
We have put together key information and resources for schools to help maintain provision during the COVID-19 situation.
SENCO Support and Information
The ISEND Early Years team provide support and guidance to settings working with pre-school children aged 0-5 years, who have additional needs.
The SEND Toolkit can be found on the Council for Disabled Children's website. This site also includes other helpful information for SENCOs.
Online SENCO Training can be accessed via the East Sussex Learning Portal.
Training resources and information are also available at NASEN.
Early Communication Support Workers (ECSW)
Inclusion Support Groups
There is no charge to attend an Inclusion Support Group. The events are provided to support Early Years SENCOs and Early Years Education Entitlement (EYEE) registered childminders to:
- offer a multi-agency approach to delivery of support, advice and guidance
- develop an opportunity for delegates to participate in discussions about common areas of interest
- help facilitate networking opportunities and build relationships with/between EYFS practitioners
- support practitioners’ professional development
- share and develop best practice.
The Terms of Reference are provided here Inclusion Support Groups